Wrongful Death Attorney
Wrongful Death Attorney Serving Boca Raton, Fort Lauderdale and all South Florida
Suffering the loss of a family member or loved one is a tremendous hardship. Coping with grief and loss is extremely difficult, no matter the circumstances. If you lost a loved one due to circumstances involving negligence or intentional wrongdoing, it only further complicates the emotions and your next steps.
First, know that we’re here to help. We are partnered with some of the most incredible wrongful death attorneys in the State of Florida to ensure that you have the absolute best representation possible in your wrongful death claim.
If someone died due to another person’s or entity’s misconduct, you might be entitled to pursue compensation from the person or company that was responsible.
As your family grieves the sudden loss of a loved one, the last thing you need is to be concerned with fighting with an insurance company. A wrongful death attorney will lift that burden for you – ensuring that all your rights are represented and fought for. We will fight to help ensure your future is secure.
What is a Wrongful Death Claim in South Florida?
A wrongful death claim in South Florida is a civil lawsuit that allows survivors to seek damages from the party responsible for their loved one’s death.
Essentially, a wrongful death claim is a lawsuit that is filed when a person is killed due to a negligent or wrongful act by any person or entity. A wrongful death could be intentional, unintentional, or due to negligence or recklessness.
Examples of Wrongful Death Claims in South Florida
There are many situations and circumstances which could lead to a wrongful death case in South Florida. A few common examples, however, include:
Keep in touch
OfficesRequest Free Consult
Your Rights After a Family Member or a Loved One Wrongfully Dies
Florida law allows all potential beneficiaries, including estates, to pursue a wrongful death claim. Most commonly, the parties that file a wrongful death claim include: Surviving spouses, Children, Parents, any relative who was dependent on the person who died, and any representatives of the person’s estate.
Your legal rights in a Florida wrongful death claim partially depend on your relationship to the victim who passed away.
Generally speaking, however, Florida law allows for the right to recover the following:
- The value of future lost support and services from the decedent. The life expectancy of the victim as well as the survivor may be taken into account.
- A surviving spouse may recover for a loss of companionship, protection, and for mental pain and suffering.
- If there is no surviving spouse, minor children may also recover for the loss of parental companionship, instruction, guidance, and mental pain and suffering.
- Parents of children who wrongfully die may also recover for mental pain and suffering.
- Any survivor who pays for funeral expenses may recover the costs.
- A decedent’s estate may recover:
- Loss of earnings expected for their lifetime
- Medical and funeral expenses
Wrongful Death Attorney in Fort Lauderdale & Boca Raton
Wrongful death attorneys in Fort Lauderdale and Boca Raton will work to ensure your rights are represented and that justice is served regarding the death of your loved one. Attorneys will work on your behalf to:
- Investigate the circumstances of your loved one’s death to determine who and what caused their death. Perhaps it was a drug manufacturer, a drunk driver, or even a doctor’s office. Sometimes, there are multiple parties who contributed to the unfortunate circumstances. We do the work to find out exactly who is responsible for what.
- Build your case through investigation is by finding and talking to any key witnesses and by getting expert testimony. We have access to experts in a number of fields which will help shed light on what really happened and what truly caused the death of your loved one.
- Discover what the law says your right to recovery and compensation is. Each South Florida wrongful death claim is unique. Because of this, all settlement offers are also unique, and it takes a skilled team to ensure that you are getting all the compensation you and your family deserve after the loss of a loved one. Both economic and non-economic damages can be compensated for under Florida Law.