Glenn R. Roderman
Glenn R. Roderman hails from the town of Port Jervis, New York, but he has been a resident of South Florida for several decades. Mr. Roderman obtained his Juris Doctorate in Law from Stetson University in 1972, and he has been practicing law in the state of Florida since that time. Mr. Roderman was admitted to the Florida Bar and to the U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, in 1972. In 1975, Mr. Roderman was admitted to practice before the U.S. Supreme Court.
Mr. Roderman started his career as an assistant state attorney, serving in the Broward County State Attorney’s Office in 1973 and 1974. He later served as Associate Municipal Judge in the town of Davie, from 1974 to 1976, and then in North Lauderdale, from 1975 to 1977. Mr. Roderman started his own legal practice in the early 1980’s. He continues to serve as a respected legal analyst for ABC News Channel 10, WPLG, in Miami.
With over 40 years experience in the Criminal Justice System as a former Judge, State Prosecutor, and Criminal Defense Attorney, Mr. Roderman is available to other attorneys as a Mentor or a Coach on any or all of their criminal cases.
It is that experience, Mr. Roderman says, that matters as much as any law degree when it comes to representing someone in a criminal court. Mr. Roderman says he believes many newer attorneys seem to have given less credence to experience, believing that education, alone, qualifies them to practice good law. As he says in this video from his Spoken Law series, Mr. Roderman points out experience and education are both required for qualified legal representation.
Remembering The Early Days
Mr. Roderman’s early criminal defense experience included handling a number of organized crime and RICO defenses, working with a law firm in Hollywood, Florida, where one of the clients included the reputed Meyer Lansky. Recalling those days, Mr. Roderman said his experience in the State Attorney’s office proved very valuable in helping build defenses for his clients. He recounted these days in a recent interview.
Respected By His Peers
Mr. Roderman is also a recipient of the Barry Markman Memorial Award.
Education and Experience
- B.A. from Ohio State University, 1968
- J.D. from Stetson University Law School in 1972.
- Admitted to the Florida Bar, 1972
- Admitted to practice in the U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 1972
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1975
Memberships and Associations
- Broward County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Florida Bar
- Broward Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Florida Bar Judicial Nominating Procedures Committee
- National District Attorneys Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- The Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- National Security Advisory Council for Costa Rica
- Member, Phi Alpha Delta
- Flordia Association of Trial Lawyers
- U.S. Senatorial club and Republican National Committee
- Martindale Hubbell “A.V.” rated – Judicial Education – Highest possible rating
- Co-Founder of Reality Check with Larry Lawton
- Real Estate Agent with opulence Realty, Miami, Flordia